Coded UI automation for web applications using Record and Playback approach.
First, What is Coded UI?
Coded UI (also called CUIT) is an automation testing tool provided by Microsoft technologies which helps in creating automated tests. The Coded UI tests help us verify the whole application such as User Interface and their functioning properties. Coded UI tests are more helpful when there are validations and logical user interface. Languages supported by Coded UI automation tool are: C#.NET and VB.NET.
Following are the three ways how one can create Coded UI tests:
- Record and Playback (Test builder)
- Hand coding / User coding
- Manual testing via MTM (Microsoft Test manager) tool
Now, let us start Coded UI automation from scratch and create tests using Record and Playback (through Test builder) approach.
Create a new project to begin with Visual Studio CUIT.
Following are the steps to create CUIT test project.
1. Open Visual Studio è File è New è Project.
2. Post successful creation of the project, code generator window will be displayed as shown below.