In this post, I’d show you show you the few Pre-requisites to get your VSTS Team Project registered for the RollUp web service, and Steps to create service hooks.
Please search for VSTS Rollup on VSTS Marketplace and click on Get Started.
Before you start :
Below few Pre-requisites to get your VSTS Team Project registered for this RollUp web service:
- You will need a Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) account - if you do not have one, you can create one now
- You will need a Personal Access Token for the account. An overview of Personal Access Tokens (PAT) with instructions to create PAT is available here
- Create web Service hook using this tool, please refer below section.
- Once web service is created using this tool, test the service hooks once to activate them. Please refer below section
How to Create Service Hooks:
- Sign into the tool using your VSTS credentials. You will find sign-in button below.
- After successful sign in, select the VSTS Account and Team Project for which you want to create service hooks.
- Provide Personal Access Token (PAT).
- Click on Create Service Hook Button
- After successful creation of service hook, you need to test it once to activate the hooks.
- Click on the VSTS Project link provided in Success message, which takes to service hooks section
- You will find 3 web hooks created, click on ellipse button(...) for each hook and click edit
- And click on Next >> Test >> Close >> Finish button
- That’s it !!. Now when you modify the effort fields in Task and save item, RollUp service will run in the backend and sums-up the efforts and updates the parent-level items.
Thank you :)