Windows 8 Shortcut Keys -Useful
Pressing the Windows key and some specific keys can make you life easier. Here are some useful shortcuts:
- Windows + X : pseudo start menu.
- Windows + C : Windows QuickMenu. Same as dragging you mouse to the lower right corner.
- Windows + M : Minimize all apps and show the desktop, including Metro apps.(does not toggle).
- Windows + D : Show the desktop (toggles).
- Windows + F : search for files
- Windows + Q : search for apps (My first response was why a separate search…then I thought about metro and how it is tiled and not a shortcut per-se. Not sure if that is why, but seams reasonable).
- Windows + 1 through 0 : toggles between your apps you have open in the taskbar
- Windows and then start typing : switches to Start and launches the app search with the letters you typed.
In this blog, I have added information on how to turn your windows 7 or 8 machine into a Wi-Fi Hotsp...
Read More >