Here is a process to build your VB6 projects in Team foundation Server 2012.
1. Have a copy of your VB6 project
2.Download the MSBuild Extension Pack from the below link and install it on the build machine.
3.Create a xml file with the contents as attached with the mail. Let us name this file as VBBuild.xml
4. Modify the xml to give your project name.
5. Now check-in your existing VB 6.0 project and the above xml file into the TFS2012 source control
Create New Build Definition:
1.Make sure you have the appropriate privileges to create the definition.
2.Expand the Team Explorer, right click on Builds and select New Build Definition.
3.Give the name of the build in the Build definition name text box and optionally you can provide the description of the build in the Description field.
4. Configure how you want your build to be triggered.
5. In the Workspace tab, select the path in which your source code and VBBuild.xml file is present ; you can leave the Build Agent Folder to its default value.
6. In the Build Defaults tab, select the Build Controller configured for the collection and specify the network path where the output would be stored.
7.Select the Default Template(DefaultTemplate.xaml) file in the Build process template section
8.Select the VBBuild.xml file in the Items to Build. When the ellipses(…) button is clicked, in the new window only you will be able to select only *.sln files; remove the filter and select all. You will now be able to see all the files. Now select the VBBuild.xml file
9.Clear out the Automated Tests section by again clicking on the ellipses(…) button and removing the tests
10. Select Never for the Perform Code Analysis option
11. Save the Build definition.
12. Queue and run the build.
Here is the VB build XML code :
C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVB98VB6.exe
C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual StudioVB98VB6.exe