DevOps can be defined as an approach to enable seamless application delivery from inception to production. This approach improves Software Development by focusing on collaboration between various stakeholders and project members. DevOps is gaining popularity with the mobile app development teams. Mobile app development generally adopts the latest trends, technologies and tools for developing intuitive mobile applications across different platforms and industry verticals. There are many mobile developers for various platforms such as iOS, Android and Windows, who aspire to achieve the business objective of the clients by leveraging people, processes and the latest technology.
Why Mobile DevOps in particular?
There are plenty of articles on how DevOps processes can be integrated and adopted with existing processes. However, very little information is provided on how DevOps can make a difference to companies that strive to enable their IT development and operate to integrate with business goals. Leaders in mobile application development and IT operations must address testing, release and the analytical needs of mobile DevOps environments. Mobile DevOps has a goal that important business and technical decisions to be usable and also to provide value to the users. In order to get the continuous mobile DevOps workflow, it is important to identify potential problems and bottlenecks.
To ensure loyalty of the users, a mobile developer must provide the right application to the right customer at the specified time. Providing good quality software to the users and learning from their overall experience is a must. It gives an idea to the service providers about the quality and the type of service that is needed in the market. Agile development methods are not enough; a developer surely needs mobile DevOps to keep up with time. It combines automated tooling with “continuous everything” culture.
Advantages of Mobile DevOps
Mobile DevOps has several advantages. Let’s look at few of them.
- Shortens release time: DevOps is all about collaboration across various teams. In fact, Mobile DevOps is more than this. Organizations can share information between teams, when operations and development teams come together. This actually shortens the time from the design-development phase to the actual release. There is actually more frequent deployment of code, getting new regressions tested, verified and released faster than regular phase-by-phase process. Mobile DevOps offers faster path of fixing problems. Once the enhancements and features implemented for each build are done, continuous integration with the right test setup provides a faster solution to the problems.
- Enables Creation of Better Applications: There’s more time spent on making new features, to enable the creation of better user experiences. In today’s world, user experience is a very big factor in determining the popularity of mobile Apps. Only those Apps that really provide a great experience remain in the market for long. Instant feedback and reporting, transparent development and regression reporting is of paramount importance in DevOps. This provides the mobile team with a way of trouble shooting issues and optimizes user experience.
- Saves Time and helps to make better use of resources: It features faster delivery and new updates. The whole mobile app development process is designed in such a way that it helps to maximize business advantages. One of the features of mobile DevOps is automation. Automation is available from source code management to testing and development tools and further expanding into actual mobile app monitoring during production.
- Provides multiple tools option: Most of the tools used in mobile DevOps processes facilitate Continuous Integration, Continuous Release as well as Continuous Deployment. Part of the process is app release automation tools. These tools help DevOps flow to implement capabilities for implementing continuous delivery. On the other hand, release management tools help us to plan releases and also provide traceability across all the build and delivery pipeline stages.
- Controlling inefficiencies and bottlenecks: The main goal of Mobile DevOps is to make things transparent and efficient and also to boost internal communication that ultimately helps in building better products or applications. With the help of mobile DevOps practices, many inefficiencies can be avoided such as:
- Inconsistent Development Environments
- Stability and maturity of workflow
- Manual Interventions
- Lack of Operational Practices
- Old Fashioned Testing Process
- Lack of ownership
Conclusion: Mobile DevOps can transform an Organization’s developmental process. It leads the way into the future for mobile companies. DevOps puts more emphasis on people and culture. Eventually, it contributes to overall business and operational success. We, at Canarys Automations, help businesses with the Mobile DevOps processes. We have experience, technology as well as professionally qualified workforce to take up new challenges and reach new heights of success.